Part Number: 8084
Master Pulley Puller/Installer Kit
- Removes and installs press-on type belt driven accessory pulleys on pumps with 3/8Gă?-16 threaded shafts
- Interchangeable components allow service on almost all domestic makes, including GM Quad 4, GM 3.1L and Ford 4.6L engines
- Impact quality tool
- Complete with instructions
- Packed in blow mold case
- Screw the threaded shaft into the removal housing, then insert proper removal pin into the hollow end of the shaft.
- Engage the removal housing onto the recessed groove of the pulley.
- Using a 3/4Gă? wrench or socket, turn the threaded shaft clockwise until the pulley is removed (hold the removal housing/pulley stationary).
- Thread the proper installation nut all the way on the threaded shaft.
- Slide on the first washer, then the thrust bearing, then the second washer.
- Screw the proper threaded installing adapter into the threaded shaft.
- Slide the pulley on the threaded shaft.
- Screw the small end of the threaded shaft into the pump or alternator shaft hole all the way.
- Using a 15/16Gă? deep socket, rotate the installation nut clockwise to force the pulley onto the pump or alternator shaft (hold the pulley stationary).
- 8084X03 - Installer-Quad 4
- 8084X04 - Installer - GM 3.1L
- 8084X05 - Installation Nut
- 8084X06 - Installer 3/8-16
- 8084X07 - Installer - 4.6L
- 8084X08 - Universal Remover Pin
- 8084X10 - Threaded Shaft