Part Number: 5040
Timing Chain Wedge - Chrysler 4.7L V8
- Properly setup and service engine timing
- Tool locks the timing chains against the hydraulic tensioners to prevent tensioner ratcheting and piston extension during service procedures
- Applications: 4.7L (PowerTech) V8
|Make ||Model ||Year |
|Chrysler ||Aspen ||2007-2009 |
|Dodge ||Dakota ||2000-2009 |
|Dodge ||Durango ||2000-2009 |
|Dodge ||RAM 1500 ||2002-2008 |
|Jeep ||Grand Cherokee ||1999Gă˘2009 |
|Jeep ||Commander ||2006-2009 |
|Mitsubishi ||Raider ||2006-2007 |
- Set engine to TDC No.1 compression. The cam sprocket "V8" mark should be at the 12:00 o'clock position.
- Mark one link on the timing chain to the cam sprocket - this will help during reassembly.
- Position No. 5040 between the timing chains. Tap the tool to securely wedge the timing chain against the tensioner arm and guide.
- Carefully remove the cam sprocket bolt. The cylinder head and/or valve train are ready for service