Part Number: 4030
Coil Spring Compressor - Clam
- Removes, installs, and compresses coil springs that can be reached through the center of the coil
- Features Acme threaded rod and forged, heat-treated alloy hooks
- Remove the shock absorber. Note: Keep threads clean and well lubricated for ease and safety.
- Insert tool through the shock absorber opening or shock tower and position the arms so they engage coils as far apart as possible.
- Compress the spring by tightening the threaded shaft with a socket wrench. Go only as far as necessary to remove spring (usually less than 4Gă?).
Note: Some vehicles have curved coil springs. To compress them evenly, place both long arms of the tool on the outside of the springGăÍs curve and both short arms on the inside of the curve.
- When installing spring, make sure both the top and bottom coils are positioned properly in their seats before loosening tool.
CAUTION: ANY COMPRESSED SPRING IS DANGEROUS. WEAR SAFETY GLASSES, MAKE SURE SPRING IS NOT GREASY AND BE CERTAIN THE ARMS ARE SECURELY HOOKED OVER THE COILS.